- Thursday | June 16, 2022
- 2:00 pm
AmeriCorps Bootcamp is a training and networking opportunity offered by The Education Alliance. The training series is held on the first and third Thursday of the month at 2 PM. Each month one workshop will feature a training topic related to your service and the other workshop will provide an opportunity to network with other members across the state. The series is designed with fun activities to test your knowledge and homework to prepare you for the workshop. The AmeriCorps Bootcamp series is required for all Education Alliance AmeriCorps members.
Please use the following information to join the AmeriCorps Bootcamp trainings:
- URL: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/7574885183?pwd=MlNVZy9VaDhMWGtJQVpmOXE3RUR1dz09
- Phone: 301 715 8592
- Meeting ID: 757 488 5183
- Passcode: 276355
Planning a Successful Service Project
November 4, 2021 at 2 PM
The AmeriCorps Bootcamp series will kick-off with a session on how to plan a successful service project. During the workshop you will get to vote on Education Alliance AmeriCorps’ MLK Service Project and learning how to plan your project. You will also learn basic event planning techniques that you can use when planning future events.
- Register for the Holiday Cheer Exchange by November 18
- Lead your students in the Thank You card activity
November 18, 2021 at 2 PM
During this workshop you will have a chance to meet your colleagues in a “Speed Networking” session. You will receive resources to help plan your MLK Day Service Project and receive time to plan your service project. You will also receive time to ask questions you have about your service.
Trauma Informed Care
December 2, 2021 at 2 PM
During this workshop you will learn about “Trauma Informed Care” from Marshall University Mental and Behavioral Health Center. The session will share how to identify trauma and learn support students impacted by trauma stress. You will learn about a book study we will be hosting on “Fostering Resilient Learners.”
- Mail your Holiday Cheer Exchange by December 6
- Register your Coats4Kids Drive by December 6
- Join the “Fostering Resilient Learners” Book Study
December 16, 2021 at 2 PM
The Holiday Party that is designed to be a fun way to celebrate your service. We invite you to join us in your ugliest Christmas sweater. Don’t have an ugly Christmas sweater, not a problem. Just wear your jolliest holiday attire. The party is designed to be fun. So come ready to play games, win prizes and receive a holiday gift. To play the games you will need your phone. We will be having a Christmas scavenger hunt, so come prepared. You should receive a package in the mail. Please do not open it and bring it with you to the party. Click here to download the invitation.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
- Complete the “Fostering Resilient Learners” Book Study
Fostering Resilient Learners Book Study Debrief
January 6, 2022 at 2 PM
During this workshop we will debrief what you learned in the “Fostering Resilient Learners” book. To prepare for this workshop you should have read the following chapters and responded to the discussion questions.
Part I: Trauma (December 3-9)
- Chapter 1 – Understanding Trauma and the Prevalence of the Not-OK
- Chapter 2 – The Manifestation of ACEs in the Classroom
Part II: Self-Awareness (December 10-16)
- Chapter 3 – Cement Shoes: Staying True to Who You Are
- Chapter 4 – Stay Out of Oz: Remaining Grounded Amid Chaos
- Chapter 5 – When in Doubt, Shut Your Mouth and Take a Break
- Chapter 6 – It’s Not About You
Part III: Relationship (December 17-23)
- Chapter 7 – No One Said Relationship is Easy
- Chapter 8 – The Power of Relationship
- Chapter 9 – Names, Labels, and the Need for Control
- Chapter 10 – Doors and Windows: Remembering to Explore All Options
Part IV: Belief (December 24-30)
- Chapter 11 – Forever Changed, Not Forever Damaged
- Chapter 12 – It’s OK to Be Not-OK
- Chapter 13 – Don’t Let Fear Drive the Bus
Part V: Live, Laugh, Love (December 31-January 6)
- Chapter 14 – Grace
- Chapter 15 – The Cookie-Jar: The Art of Giving Praise (and Self-Praise)
- Chapter 16 – The Self-Care Challenge
- Complete the True Colors Personality Test
Learning about your Personality
January 20, 2022 at 2 PM
What is Your True Color? In this workshop, you will identify your True Colors spectrum, discover the strengths, values, joys and motivations of the different colors, and gain insight into what makes others tick… as well as what ticks them off! This workshop will help you recognize the values, joys and strengths, stressors and frustrations of each color, learn how to develop positive self-esteem in yourself and others, and understand a how to communicate and relate with others of different True Colors.
Did you forget to complete the True Colors Test? Click here to complete it today!
MLK Day Celebration
February 3, 2022 at 2 PM
The MLK Day Celebration that is designed to be a fun way to celebrate the impact of your service project. Come ready to play games, win prizes and celebrate how you made a difference.
Mark your calendar for future trainings:
- February 17, 2022 at 2 PM
- March 3, 2022 at 2 PM
- March 17, 2022 at 2 PM
- April 7 at 2, 2022 at 2 PM
- April 21, 2022 at 2 PM
- May 5, 2022 at 2 PM
- May 19, 2022 at 2 PM
- June 2, 2022 at 2 PM
- June 16, 2022 at 2 PM