The Education Alliance is an independent voice, earnest advocate, and statewide participant that advances policies and practices to continually improve public school student achievement in West Virginia.
Every West Virginia public school student will graduate ready to begin a career or pursue additional education and training.
ABOUT THE EDUCATION ALLIANCE
The Education Alliance is a nonprofit organization that advocates for a quality public education for all West Virginia children. It was established in July 1983 by business executives who saw the importance of supporting public schools and giving the business community a voice in education. As a nonprofit organization, it is supported 100% by grants and donations from businesses and individuals. Through statewide advocacy efforts and student-centered programs, The Education Alliance:
- Serves more than 40,000 students annually
- Utilizes more than 2,400 volunteers to provide more than 46,000 hours of service
- Matches more than 850 students with a caring adult role model to provide more than 23,000 mentoring sessions
- Pairs 96 percent of West Virginia schools with at least one business partner
- Provided $1.5 million in resources leveraged directly to West Virginia schools
- Provides sound research and data in public dialogues about education
From the Partnerships in Education program in the 1980s to our current programs, The Education Alliance has continually placed students first and supported higher levels of excellence from our public education system. From the very beginning, business and community partners have been the key to the organization. Without these dedicated men and women, The Education Alliance would not be where it is today. Together with our partners, we look forward to a strong collaboration to improve public education in West Virginia.