Work-based learning (WBL) collaboratively engages employers and schools in providing structured, real-world learning experiences to help students develop broad, transferable skills for postsecondary education and the workplace. Students engaged in work-based learning gain firsthand knowledge of careers, gain experience that reinforces academic instruction, and become WV Ready Graduates.
A 4 week, paid summer opportunity for high school students to gain work experience and world-class knowledge with a WV business.
A semester-long, credit-bearing course for high school students to gain professional skills and complete a capstone project for a real WV business.
A two-year career pathway program of study to help students carve out the career path they want.
- Must be a rising junior or senior in high school.
- 4 week commitment - July 5th - July 29th
- Virtual, Hybrid, and In-person Internship options
- Paid stipend
- Receive graduation chord and certificate of completion
- Great resume builder for college and job applications
The Education Alliance's Work-Based Learning program begun in the Spring 2021 semester and is now actively connecting businesses to students for the Spring 2022 semester. The program has remained adaptable, offering virtual, hybrid, and in-person experiences. Each semester, the program has been expanding its reach in West Virginia schools.
- Year 1: join our Community of Practice
- Year 2 (optional): implement your industry specific Career Pathway System