The Education Alliance in collaboration with Governor Earl Ray Tomblin will host the second annual West Virginia Education Summit on Monday, October 20, 2014. Join business, community, education and legislative leaders to be a part of this innovative discuss on how we can work together to achieve excellence in education in West Virginia.
Monday, October 20, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Embassy Suites Charleston
Charleston, West Virginia
Your registration fee will include conference sessions, refreshments, continental breakfast and lunch.
Tom Vander Ark
Next generation learning is blended, personalized and competency-based. Students show what they know and progress as they demonstrate mastery. Mr. Vander Ark will discuss how new tools and school models are boosting achievement and improving conditions and career options for teachers in his presentation: Show What You Know: Personalized Learning in WV
Dr. Michael Martirano
Dr. Martirano will provide remarks regarding galvanizing the state around student achievement and having one voice, one mission, and one focus to improve academic achievement for all students.
- Opening Remarks: The Honorable Earl Ray Tomblin, Governor, West Virginia
- Business Round Table
- Show What You Know - Personalized Learning in WV: Tom Vander Ark
- West Virginia and National Perspective Panel
- Keynote Address: State Superintendent Dr. Michael Martirano
- Student, Parent, Teacher Town Hall Discussion